Cuban Roast Pork
By Montefino Staff
A delectable tradition for many that blows turkey off the holiday table. Juicy, mouth watering, and packed with the exotic flavors, this authentic roast is sure to leave your guests demanding more.
- 1 skin-on pork shoulder (8 – 9 lbs.)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. course sea salt
- ½ cup GOYA® Mojo Criollo (marinade)
- To prepare, mince the garlic cloves and combine with salt and olive oil. You will need a roasting pan with at least four inch tall sides to hold the pork shoulder. Do not make any incisions in the pork as this will drain the natural juices during cooking and dry out the pork.
- Rub pork generously and thoroughly with rub, then place skin side up in the roasting pan. Pour the Mojo over the pork, cover with plastic wrap and leave marinating over night.
- When ready to cook, replace plastic wrap with aluminum foil and roast at 350°f for 3 to 3 ½ hours, or until internal temperature reaches 145°f. Remove foil and broil at 450°f until skin is golden crisp. Serves: 8